- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 2 gloves of garlic, minced
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 1 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1, 28oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1, 14oz can kidney beans
- 1, 14oz can white beans
- 1 pack baby bella mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 4 cups homemade or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds or ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked chipotle powder
- Chopped onions
- Lime Juice
- Cooked quinoa
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chopped onions, green pepper, poblano, celery, and jalapeño. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add zucchini, portabellos, corn, garlic, salt, pepper, chili powder, smoked chipotle powder, and ground cumin. Stir to combine. Cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, and broth. Bring to a boil, then let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread, cooked quinoa, cilantro, chopped onions, lime juice, and avocado.