Need a break from all this election coverage? Yeah, us too. This election season has been exhausting to say the least, what with family members and friends brining up politics at just about every gathering or on social media (which everyone knows is the best place to debate. ;)
Today is election day and we hope all of you got out there to vote. It is so important to hold up your civic duty. While we’re all waiting to see who our next president is, let’s talk about some comfort food: roasted whole cauliflower.
Doesn’t the cooler weather just want to make you roast all your veggies? All those tough, bitter, cruciferous just beg to be cooked with a little olive oil, salt and pepper until lightly charred. These are the slow cooked meals we've been waiting all summer for.
This is SO easy to make and looks hella impressive when it comes out of the oven and drizzled with lemon tahini sauce. All you do is make the turmeric/smoked paprika/jalapeno/garlic olive oil mix and rub it on the cauliflower, then bake it for 50 minutes. This would be a great side to a Sunday meal or an adventurous Thanksgiving meal (although grandma might be a little weirded out by a bright orange cauliflower).
If you happen to recreate this, take a picture and let us know via #kaleyeahitsvegan. We love seeing our recipes come to life in your kitchen!
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower with Tahini Lemon Drizzle
Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower with leaves in-tact
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-4 tbsp water or more to thin out dressing
Parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place cauliflower into an oven safe dish or cast iron skillet. Carefully cut cauliflower cut into quarters, then to halves, but do not cut all the way through.
- Mix turmeric, jalapeño, garlic slices, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil together into a small bowl. Rub all over cut cauliflower, stuffing the olive oil mixture (specifically the garlic slices) into cuts in the cauliflower.
- Roast for 50 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender.
- Mix together all ingredients in tahini dressing. Drizzle over cooked cauliflower. Garnish with parsley.